How dentures from your dentist in Jackson, MI, can give you back your smile
If you are missing teeth, you already know how difficult it is to enjoy the foods you love. You also know how losing your smile can decrease your self-confidence. The good news is, the right denture can give you back your smile and let you enjoy eating again. Dr. Constance E. Smith in Jackson, MI, offers a wide range of tooth replacement services and can help you choose the denture that’s right for you.
Dentures offer many benefits. Consider that a denture provides you with:
- Excellent chewing ability, which aids your digestion and helps your overall health
- Lifetime satisfaction, because you can enjoy the foods you love
- Enhanced facial contours, which can reduce facial sagging and help you look younger
- An enhanced appearance, which can increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
Dentures can also eliminate dental pain caused by badly decayed or broken teeth. A denture functions just like your natural teeth and helps make tooth pain a thing of the past.
Modern dentures look natural and fit well. Full dentures replace an entire arch of teeth and come in several different types, including:
- Immediate dentures, which are placed immediately after your teeth are removed; a conventional denture is made later, after your tissue has healed completely. The advantage of immediate dentures is that you never have to live without your smile.
- Conventional dentures, which are placed after your tissue has healed completely, usually after 6 to 8 weeks; these dentures are beneficial because you only have to get used to wearing one denture.
- Overdentures, which are placed on top of dental implants or tooth roots; these dentures offer enhanced stability and also help to maintain supporting bone.
Partial dentures are used to replace just a few teeth, but not an entire arch. You can choose from a conventional partial, which is sturdy, and meant to last, or a transitional partial, which is meant to be a temporary solution while you are waiting for dental implants to be placed.
Dentures can give you back your smile, and greatly enhance your quality of life. You don’t have to make the decision about dentures by yourself. Seek out the help of an expert. Just call Dr. Constance E. Smith in Jackson, MI, today!