If you feel as though your teeth need a boost, you could benefit from dental veneers. Dental veneers can completely overhaul your smile, changing the shape, color, length, and width of your existing natural teeth. Learn more about what dental veneers can do for you with your Jackson, MI area family dentist, Dr. Constance E. Smith.
Facts About Dental Veneers
- Fast and Easy: Thanks to their design, dental veneers affix to the surface of your existing natural teeth to mask their imperfections and abnormalities. Dentists can normally prepare the teeth for, place, and bond dental veneers in only two dental appointments. The process is painless and effective, taking place right in your dentist’s office and usually only requiring local anesthetic.
- Made to Last: A dental laboratory creates your dental veneers specifically for your teeth. Between veneers’ materials and design, these restorations usually last upwards of 20 years with the proper care. Tooth decay and gum disease can shorten the lifetime of your veneers, making your at-home oral care routine important in keeping your veneers and natural teeth healthy.
- Quality Materials: Porcelain is the material of choice for dental veneers for a reason. This material has similar light-reflecting qualities as natural teeth, allowing the veneers to blend into your smile seamlessly. Additionally, porcelain is stain and scratch-resistant.
- Versatile: Dental veneers can improve the appearance of several dental issues, including chipped, cracked, yellowed, stained, slightly overlapped, and slightly gapped teeth. Veneers can also alter the shape or length of a tooth, making them effective in correcting uneven smiles or misshapen teeth.
- Easy Care: Dental veneers require the same care as your natural teeth. Simply brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once. Commitment to this at-home oral care routine will keep your teeth healthy and decay-free in between your regular, bi-annual dental visits with your Jackson, MI dentist Dr. Smith.
Contact Your Jackson, MI Dentist
For more information on dental veneers, please contact Dr. Constance E. Smith, DDS, PC in Jackson, MI. Call (517) 787-7520 to speak with an associate about scheduling your consultation for veneers with Dr. Smith today!