Posts for: October, 2016
Know how to keep your dentures looking and feeling their best for years.
Dentures have certainly come a long way over the centuries and with modern dentistry being as advanced as it is, dentures are becoming more and more of a reliable way to replace all or most of your missing teeth. Of course, once you get dentures from our Jackson, MI dentist, Dr. Smith and Dr. Liskiewicz, you’ll want to know how to care for them properly to maintain them for many years. Here are some helpful tips for how to keep your dentures feeling their best.
- Be sure to always clean dentures after mealtimes. Every time you eat you leave food behind, so make sure to thoroughly but gently rinse out your dentures to dislodge food and other debris from your new teeth.
- Anytime you remove your dentures or handle them make sure that you do it over a large, soft towel or a sink filled with water just in case you drop your dentures. While dentures may be made from strong material, they can easily break when dropped on hard surfaces.
- Whenever you handle your dentures be gentle with them. After all, they are your new teeth. By being actively cautious whenever you handle your dentures you’ll be less likely to break or bend clasps or attachments.
- Brush dentures at least once a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a denture cleaner. If you aren’t sure which products to use to clean your dentures, don’t hesitate to ask our Jackson general dentists.
- Make sure to always take out your dentures and soak them overnight. If dentures dry out they can morph out of shape. Before bedtime place them in a denture-soaking solution while you sleep. And before you place your dentures back in your mouth in the morning, make sure you thoroughly rinse them first. These denture solutions contain chemicals that could cause burns or even vomiting if ingested.
- Always clean your mouth thoroughly after removing your dentures. You’ll want to brush your mouth twice a day to make sure that gums and other soft tissue remain healthy enough to support your dentures.
Whether you are looking to replace missing teeth or just get a dental checkup, turn to the dentists in Jackson, MI who can make sure that every member of your family gets the quality and unique dental care their smiles deserve.