Missing teeth? You need to learn about dental implants! Due to their ability to effectively replace the missing tooth root, dental implants arethe gold standard in the replacement of missing teeth. Read on to find out what dental implants can do for your smile, and if you are interested in obtaining the best dental restoration available today, contact Dr. Constance Smith's office in Jackson, MI!
1. Dental implants will enhance your smile.
Missing teeth can ruin an otherwise perfect smile and make anyone feel self-conscious about their appearance. Luckily, can close the gaps in your smile and enhance your appearance! With dental implants, you will feel and look younger and more attractive!
2. Dental implants prevent teeth shifting.
If a missing tooth is not replaced, the neighboring teeth will begin to shift out of place, allowing plaque and tartar to build up in the spaces left by the move. Over time, this may cause oral health problems, such as dental cavities or periodontal (gum) disease. Dental implants can prevent your original teeth from shifting into the open spaces left by your missing teeth.
3. Dental implants prevent jawbone loss.
When teeth are missing, the jawbone begins to break down—an effect counteracted by how dental implants are anchored in your jawbone just like real teeth. Over time, implants will help preserve a healthy bone structure and significantly reduce bone resorption. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stimulates jawbone growth and prevents bone loss. Dental bridges and dentures address the cosmetic problem of missing teeth but do not prevent jawbone loss.
4. Dental implants can improve oral function
Your teeth are designed to work together to help you chew food and speak. When teeth are missing, it's difficult to do these things. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants allows you to chew your food better and speak more clearly. With dental implants, you'll be able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want!
A beautiful smile is priceless. Don't wait—call Dr. Constance Smith D.D.S., at (517) 787-7520 right now to schedule a consultation in Jackson, MI, and get the smile you deserve. You will experience exemplary service and world-class care at Dr. Constance Smith D.D.S.!
How dentures from your dentist in Jackson, MI, can give you back your smile
If you are missing teeth, you already know how difficult it is to enjoy the foods you love. You also know how losing your smile can decrease your self-confidence. The good news is, the right denture can give you back your smile and let you enjoy eating again. Dr. Constance E. Smith in Jackson, MI, offers a wide range of tooth replacement services and can help you choose the denture that’s right for you.
Dentures offer many benefits. Consider that a denture provides you with:
- Excellent chewing ability, which aids your digestion and helps your overall health
- Lifetime satisfaction, because you can enjoy the foods you love
- Enhanced facial contours, which can reduce facial sagging and help you look younger
- An enhanced appearance, which can increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
Dentures can also eliminate dental pain caused by badly decayed or broken teeth. A denture functions just like your natural teeth and helps make tooth pain a thing of the past.
Modern dentures look natural and fit well. Full dentures replace an entire arch of teeth and come in several different types, including:
- Immediate dentures, which are placed immediately after your teeth are removed; a conventional denture is made later, after your tissue has healed completely. The advantage of immediate dentures is that you never have to live without your smile.
- Conventional dentures, which are placed after your tissue has healed completely, usually after 6 to 8 weeks; these dentures are beneficial because you only have to get used to wearing one denture.
- Overdentures, which are placed on top of dental implants or tooth roots; these dentures offer enhanced stability and also help to maintain supporting bone.
Partial dentures are used to replace just a few teeth, but not an entire arch. You can choose from a conventional partial, which is sturdy, and meant to last, or a transitional partial, which is meant to be a temporary solution while you are waiting for dental implants to be placed.
Dentures can give you back your smile, and greatly enhance your quality of life. You don’t have to make the decision about dentures by yourself. Seek out the help of an expert. Just call Dr. Constance E. Smith in Jackson, MI, today!
How your dentist in Jackson, Mississippi can care for your family’s smiles
Do you need to simplify your life? Do you need to save time? If so, having one dentist for your whole family can help. A family dentist can ensure you and your family members enjoy healthy smiles, while saving you time, money, and stress. Dr. Constance Smith in Jackson, Mississippi can help simplify your life and care for your family’s smiles.
Having one dentist for your whole family helps you and your dentist establish a professional relationship based on trust and great communication. Your dentist will know and understand your family’s dental needs related to quality of care, services, your budget, and your family’s lifestyle. You won’t have to visit a person you don’t know, and who doesn’t know you or understand your dental needs.
Having a family dentist can save you the stress of having to go searching for a dentist after-hours, on weekends, or if you or a family member have a dental emergency. You will be going to familiar surroundings and seeing a dentist you trust.
Establishing a relationship with a family dentist can also save you time. Quite often, members of your family can be seen on the same day, reducing the time you have to miss work. When you have one dentist for your family, your dentist will already know what you and your family need, so your visit can be the most productive.
Your budget is important, and having a family dentist can be kinder to your budget, saving you money. Your dentist will be able to proactively manage your family’s dental care so that dental issues stay small and less expensive, and don’t turn into expensive dental problems.
Dr. Constance Smith offers a full range of dental services to ensure you and your family have the dental care you need. She offers restorative, cosmetic, and preventive services including conventional dental services like fillings, to more innovative services like Invisalign, dental implants, and cosmetic dentistry.
You and your family can benefit from having one dentist; no more “shopping around” for a specialist for needed dental care! Life is busy, but having a family dentist can ease your schedule. For more information about what a family dentist can do for you, call Dr. Constance Smith in Jackson, Mississippi today!
Losing your teeth? You can get your smile back. Dentures are removable appliances that can be used to replace missing teeth. Replacing missing teeth with a denture can enhance your smile, help you chew food, improve your speech, and boost your self-confidence. Dr. Constance Smith's dental office, which is located in Jackson, MI, offers state-of-the-art dentures to her patients. Keep reading to find out what types of dentures are available today.
1. Partial Denture- A partial denture is suitable for patients who have some teeth remaining. Partial dentures have a flesh-colored acrylic base, metal framework and clasps that connect to the teeth. This denture will fill in the spaces created by your missing teeth and prevent your existing teeth from drifting out of place.
2. Complete Denture- A complete denture is suitable for patients who have lost all of their teeth. A complete denture has an acrylic base that fits over your gums. The lower denture has a horseshoe shape to accommodate your tongue. This denture is ready for placement after your teeth have been removed and the tissues have healed, which may take about six months.
3. Overdenture- An overdenture has an acrylic base and is attached to either two implants or two mini implants. The implants help to stabilize the overdenture in the mouth. The dental implants keep the denture in place and will allow you to go about your daily life with confidence.
4. Immediate Denture- Immediate dentures are partial or complete dentures that are made in advance. This denture is inserted immediately after your teeth are removed. An immediate denture will protect your gums while you heal and make the transition to permanent dentures easier.
Want a better life? Start with your smile. Call Dr. Constance Smith's dental office at (517) 787-7520 today to schedule a dental consultation in Jackson, MI. Dentures have helped millions of people improve their smiles, boosting their self-esteem and changing their lives. And they will do the same for you.
If you think your smile looks dull or drab, you may have thought about undergoing cosmetic dentistry procedures to give it a pick-me-up and achieve the beautiful smile you want. Dental veneers can help you revive your smile and repair your teeth to ensure you have top functionality. Find out more about dental veneers with Dr. Constance Smith at her practice in Jackson, MI.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are a very thin shell of porcelain crafted to fit over the surface of a tooth. Thanks to their design, a veneer simply covers the tooth to hide its imperfections and does not require any other teeth to provide its support. During the veneer process, your dentist will first prepare your teeth, then take a mold of your mouth. The mold serves as a design basis for your veneer for the dental laboratory who creates it. After about two weeks, the laboratory completes your restoration and sends it to your dentist’s office where it will then be permanently bonded to your tooth by your dentist.
Can dental veneers help me?
If you have a chipped, cracked, uneven, discolored, or misshapen tooth, veneers can transform your smile into one that you have always dreamed about. However, in order for your dentist to place veneers on your teeth, you need a healthy, strong foundation. Your smile should be free from any signs of teeth decay or gum disease and you should have a strong at-home oral care routine to keep both your teeth and veneers healthy and clean. In addition to these factors, you should also have a committed schedule for routine examinations and cleanings every six months with your dentist.
Dental Veneers in Jackson, MI
If you think that veneers could benefit you and your smile, you should consult with your dentist to ensure that this is the best course of treatment for you. Your dentist will use a physical examination and consultation to go over your dental health and address your questions and concerns about your natural teeth and new veneers. For more information on dental veneers, please contact Dr. Smith at her practice in Jackson, MI. Call (517) 787-7520 to schedule your appointment today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.